1. Develop mechanisms and methodology for monitoring and assess risks related to the agriculture sector in line with leading practices.
2. Identify agricultural risks and cooperating with relevant organizational units to reduce such risks.
3. Study and analyze agricultural risks and assess the potential for spread or entry into the Kingdom, as well as assess their consequences.
4. Survey and identify potential plant pests, measure their destructive impact on human health and economy, and update the disease list.
5. List and update lists of all plant pests and submit them to relevant authorities in the Ministry to take appropriate action.
6. Propose modern methods and tools to control risks related to the agriculture sector.