The Directorate is responsible for issuing licenses for water well drilling, contractor, water factories and desalination plants. It is also responsible for implementing penalties against violators of Water Conservation Law and supporting manpower recruitment.
The Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture
Deputy-Ministry for Water
General Directorate of Water Regulation
Water Policies Division
Water Quality Division
Water Services Division
Water Licensing Division:
Water well drilling licenses:
-Issuance of water well drilling license
Licenses for contractors of water well drilling, and licenses for water factories and desalination plants:
-Licenses for contractors of well drilling
-Licenses for water factories, and desalination plants
-Violations and Penalties
Laws and Regulations:
• Law of Preservation of Water Resources.
• The executive regulations concerning water factories and desalination plants.
Laws and Legislations:
• Water Conservation Law.
• The regulatory mechanism for water well drilling operations.
• Guidance for water factories.
• Requirements for licensing water factories and desalination plants.
Licenses for Water Well Drilling:
• Number of licenses issued for drilling drilled wells: 382 licenses.
• Number of licenses issued for drilling dug wells: 74 licenses.
• Number of Licenses issued for water factories: 45 licenses.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Issuance of the following licences:
• License for drilling, deepening and cleaning water wells.
• License for contractors of water well drilling.
• Technical license for water factories concerning water sources and waste disposal.
• License for desalination plants.
• Supervising water well drilling contractors and imposing penalties for the violations of the Law of Preservation of Water Resources.
• Issuing letters supporting manpower recruitment for well drilling contractors.
• Setting mechanisms and controls related to these licenses in coordination with related parties.