About the Directorate
The General Directorate of Animal Resources Services comprises two departments: The Department of Veterinary Facilities and the Department of Veterinary Services and Medical Supplies.
The Directorate provides all veterinary services to livestock breeders, implements animal disease detection and control plans, applies biosecurity mechanisms and imposes penalties on the violators. It has an effective role in raising for livestock breeders' awareness to increase productivity and protect people from the risk of zoonotic diseases. It also works on monitoring projects and issuing licenses of practice of the veterinary profession for veterinarian and veterinarian assistants, as well as licensing clinics and pharmacies.
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Appling standards and conditions for public and private veterinary establishments, in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
2. Monitoring diseases control programs and implementing such programs in coordination with other directorates and departments in the animal resources sector, as well as implementing prevention programs to combat epidemic diseases and monitoring the mechanism of implementation.
3. Supervising veterinary services and providing such services to animal breeders according to the approved policies and procedures in coordination with departments and directorates of all regions of the Kingdom.
4. Supplying veterinary equipment and supplies to perform tasks and field veterinary diagnostics according to the policies and procedures followed in coordination with the organizational units in the Ministry.
5. Providing technical advice to veterinary establishments.
6. Setting standards for issuance of permits and licenses for veterinary establishments and practice of the veterinary medicine profession and animal welfare in accordance with the approved policies and procedures in coordination with the relevant authorities.
7. Setting standards for veterinary education in accordance with the approved policies and procedures in coordination with the relevant authorities.
8. Performing periodic rounds to service delivery points (veterinary units and clinics) in the areas to achieve quality of performance.
9. Providing opinions on the criteria and controls of granting of sponsors (workers).
10. Developing plans and programs for centers for disease control.
11. Overseeing the operations and activities of veterinary services and ensuring their implementation in accordance with the approved policies and procedures.
12. Overseeing the operation programs of clinics and management projects (disposal of medical waste / transport of samples from clinics to laboratories / application of biosecurity for livestock projects).
13. Approve the provision of veterinary supplies, equipment and devices to the private sector, in coordination with the directorate of laboratories.
14. Supervising and implementing vector control programs.
15. Implementing prevention programs to combat epidemic diseases and following up on the mechanism of implementation.
16. Implementing programs for monitoring animal diseases and monitoring and treating cases and treatment.
17. Implementing biosecurity program on animal and poultry production projects and horse stables in cooperation with the directorates of agriculture.
18. Carrying out the functions of the Committee to consider violations of the Livestock Law, law for veterinary facilities, and law for practice of the veterinary profession.